So what is this XP thing I hear you say? And what exactly do you do with it? Read on and your questions shall be answered.
What is XP?
XP is site earned points you gain through site activity (read more about ways to earn points below). As you earn points, they will be added to your BeefJack XP account, where you can save them until you use them.
Ways to earn XP
- Reading your favourite editorial articles
- Playing flash games and earning medals
- Bonus opportunities like adding avatars or other cool things to your profile
- And many other ways!
What you can do with XP?
- Earn them, Love them, Eat them. Well maybe not eat them, well at least not all at once
- Donate to other members as a thank you for being awesome (or to help a friend get that much needed game from the exchange)
- Use them to level up and rank on the Leader Board
- Get more opportunities – buy into BeefJack challenges
- Use them to pay for items from the eXchange (trade points for free games, apps, and other gaming goodies)
- Pay your way to gain access to exclusive High Member Ranking contests and giveaways
Spamming can lead to point deductions in XP and eventually a ban. Spamming is disruptive messages, posting of the same content multiple times, or in multiple areas/threads, which includes but is not limited to rude, hateful, off topic, posting for the sake of points, multiple posts in the same thread in a short span of time, and adult type material. Content which alludes to or contains any posts of that nature will be removed from the site. Depending on the nature of the spam, members may be given a warning message, or some may warrant a direct to ban action.
Your XP alignment determines what type of member you are based on how you use BeefJack. There are 4 types of alignment:
- Gamer – Hardcore gaming fanatics, earned lots of medals
- Socialite – Life and soul of the party. Gaming rockstars
- Enlightened - Knowledgeable on all the latest gaming news and info
- Rawhide – A bit of everything. Probably a newb.
Bonus ways to earn XP
We will continue to work on getting more prizes for points trade in so, get to earning those points!
When you reach level 10 you will unlock… oh … wait, sorry no. That’s coming soon.